Headache and Migraine Relief from Our Chiropractor Austin, TX
Dr. Roy A. Logan, our chiropractor Austin, TX, delivers a safe and effective headache and migraine relief. If you are struggling with headaches that interrupt your work and life, the Chiropractic Offices of Roy A. Logan, DC invite you to discover our natural healing options. Migraines and headaches respond very well to gentle chiropractic care once Dr. Logan identifies the source of your discomfort.
We strive to find the reasons you are suffering from headaches and migraines and then sets up a personal care plan to eliminate the source. As you progress through chiropractic care, our wellness team adjusts your care plan accordingly. For example, at first, we may see you frequently in our office, but as your pain lessens, your visits change to ones of maintenance to keep you pain-free.
Different Types of Headaches
Dr. Logan understands that there are different types of headaches with different causes. Two of the most common types of headaches are tension headaches and migraine headaches. Tension headaches resemble a dull, achy feeling. They can last from a few minutes to a few hours or to several days. Migraine headaches are less common but typically more severe. Those who suffer from migraines also experience visual changes, nausea, and light and smell sensitivities along with intense, throbbing head pain. Cluster headaches are a third type of a headache that is much shorter in duration. These headaches feel like pain behind your eyes and may repeat up to four times a day for several days.
What Causes Headaches
You may have already identified what causes headaches in yourself or your child. Your headaches may be related to things such as:
- Weather changes
- Flickering lights
- Lack of sleep
- Injuries such as whiplash or concussions
- Tight muscles
- Vertebrae subluxations. For instance, if the vertebrae in your neck have shifted out of position and are pressing on nerves or causing muscle tension, this may trigger a headache.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches in Austin
Our chiropractic center brings a holistic approach to a headache and migraine relief. This chiropractic care approach means that we target your headaches from a variety of angles. Including in our treatments are services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustment - Dr. Logan gently adjusts your neck and back to properly position your spine and bring headache relief.
- Nutritional counseling - we show you which foods that are headache triggers and then teach you how to avoid these foods.
- Lifestyle changes - if you are in need of stress reduction or changes to the way you sit and sleep, we help you with these.
- Exercises Stretchingng and strengthening exercises ease headache pain and reduce stress.
Contact Our Austin Chiropractor for Relief Today!
If you live in or around the Austin, TX area and are searching for natural headache and migraine relief, Dr. Logan wants to speak with you. Our holistic approach also improves your overall health and is safe for those of all ages. To learn more, please call us today at 512-215-3256.